If you have a traffic infraction, you need an experienced traffic attorney to achieve the best outcome for you. That’s where the traffic violation lawyers at Hanis Irvine Prothero can help. Residents of King and Pierce County can turn to some of the best representation in the area right here at Hanis Irvine Prothero. Be sure to take note of the important advice listed below.
Traffic infractions may not carry the same implications as felony or misdemeanor criminal charges, but they can result in significant fines, revoked driving privileges and increased auto insurance rates. Disputing a traffic violation may lead to its dismissal or to less serious consequences, thereby limiting the impact the violation will have on your life and finances. If you intend to dispute a traffic ticket, do not pay the traffic ticket before talking to Traffic Attorney, Erik R. Olsen.
Attorney Olsen disputes charges of traffic infractions such as:
- Speeding tickets
- Improper lane usage
- Negligent driving second degree
- Following too closely
- Failing to yield
Again, if you intend to dispute a traffic ticket, do not pay the traffic ticket (online or otherwise) before calling our office. Remember that:
- Paying a traffic infraction is an admission that you committed the violation and you will pay the price (both financially and on your driving record).
- Traffic tickets are civil matters, not criminal. Thus, the burden of proof the government must meet in proving their case is preponderance of the evidence (i.e. “more likely than not”), not beyond a reasonable doubt (which is the much higher criminal burden of proof).
- Traffic tickets can cost hundreds of dollars in fines and increased insurance costs.
- You may lose the privilege to drive as a result of numerous traffic infractions.
- Representing oneself can result in extensive time away from work.
- Most traffic infractions can be resolved in ways that will neither affect insurance rates nor your driving record, such as:
- Reduction in charge and/or fine
- Participation in the Defensive Driving class
Your case can often be resolved without you appearing in court. Even if a hearing is necessary, we may be able to represent your interests without your needing to be present, thereby sparing you the hassle of having to miss work. The goal of the traffic lawyers at Hanis Irvine Prothero is to minimize or altogether eliminate the negative impacts a traffic infraction can have on your driving record. We invite you to contact us to discuss your traffic defense options.
Lastly, if you are charged with a crime arising from a traffic violation, our criminal defense attorneys are able assist to your needs.