Immigration Legal Assistant
The Immigration Department of Hanis Irvine Prothero, PLLC in Kent, Washington seeks to hire a full-time bilingual Legal Assistant. This position will provide administrative support to the attorneys and paralegals managing a high-volume caseload of all types of immigration legal applications. This position requires substantial direct client interaction.
- Handle department phone calls forwarded from the auto-attendant.
- Schedule and confirm all attorney appointments and consultations
- Track and enter all mail into department computer systems
- Prepare client correspondence
- Open and close all case files
- Assist with client billing following internal accounting procedures
- Translation of client documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish
- Prepare client records and FOIA requests to state and federal courts and agencies
- Prepare immigration forms and applications packages
- Fluency in Spanish is required (written and oral)
- Strong organization and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and manage heavy case load
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Computer literacy
- Strong work ethic
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of prior experience as an Immigration Legal Assistant required.
This is a full time, in person position. Benefits included:
– 100% Employer Paid monthly premiums for medical, dental, vision & life insurance
– 401k Employer Match
– Paid Vacation, Sick and Holiday Time
Salary Range $24 – $26 per hour.
Our office is located in the heart of South King County and services clients throughout the state. Our suburban location offers an easy commute and free parking. The workplace environment is friendly and professional, and we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]