Best Advice: Don't Drink and Drive
If you drive after drinking and get pulled over by the police:
1. Have our 24 hour number in your phone! - 253.334.6910 -
2. Have your license, registration, and proof of insurance easily accessible.
3. Be polite & respectful - Don't flunk the "personality test"
4. Don't exit the car or open your door unless directed by the police.
5. If the officer begins asking about alcohol use:
•Tell the officer "I WANT TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY."
•REFUSE TO TAKE ROADSIDE FIELD SOBRIETY TESTS.
•REFUSE TO TAKE ROADSIDE PORTABLE BREATH TEST.
6. If you are arrested:
•Tell officer "I WANT TO TALK TO AN ATTORNEY."
•When given the opportunity CALL OUR 24 HOUR NUMBER.
•We will advise you regarding whether to do the breath test or not.
7. If you are going to be booked into jail, ask the officer for a blood test.
8. Contact our office the next day as soon as possible so we can
preserve evidence if necessary.
9. AGAIN - remain polite and SILENT and contact one of our DUI Attorneys.